Pages

Monday, January 21, 2008

It's been a long time coming


Yes, I know I have promised pics of completed projects for ages and I have finally got some things to show!

Last night I completed this little top for Miss E. Over all I am very happy with it but there are a few things I'm not happy with!







My Happy list!

I learnt some new things - setting in sleeves (I kind of mucked this up with the PJ's I made but read up on it since then), Rolled hem thing (ok, so I don't know what this is called but I did it and it looks great!), Bias tape on a neckline (a bit fiddly but I got there!)

It fits Miss E well!



My not so Happy list :(

I was supposed to do thread loops for the buttons but just couldn't get them right so I used little bits of shirring elastic, not too sure how long this will last!

The fabric? I love it to look at but I think it looks a bit busy in the top. You can't really see the style that much as the print takes over...maybe I am just too fussy!



3 comments:

  1. Wow, that top is fantastic! It looks beautiful on Miss E. I'm very impressed. I'm actually going to attempt to make a top for myself today, and it will be the first time I have sewn clothing other than kids' pants, in quite some time. Fingers crossed that it turns out half as good as your item! Cheers, Bec.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for people to know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am happy to find your distinguished way of writing the post. Now you make it easy for me to understand and implement the concept. Thank you for the post.
    express news live aljazeera news live dw news live

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails