Pages

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Susette Sash Pants

My first attempt at an Ottobre pattern! I am pretty pleased with it all up but there are some things I would do differently if I were to do them again I think.

Pattern - Ottobre 1/2008 - 2 (Susette Sash Pants)
Size - 74

Likes
  • I am very happy that I actually worked out how to sew it all together with the brief instructions and lack of pictures in an Ottobre pattern.
  • Love my fabrics! I chose them about 6 months ago but never got around to using them!
  • My belt loops turned out pretty well without too much fiddling
  • I learnt a new way to do a waist band and now that I know how to go it I can neaten it up!
  • The little gathers are SO cute!

Dislikes
  • I had to unpick the elastic on the legs THREE times before I got it right!! It nearly went flying across the room!
  • They are a little big for Isla. In fact they fit Elsa better! Fine in length but WAY too wide!
  • My overlocker is broken so they are not as neat on the inside as I would have liked but no one sees that but me.

What I would do differently next time
  • I wouldn't add a seam allowance as they would be wide enough without it
  • I would make the belt loops shorter so that there is room to finish the waistband more neatly
  • I wouldn't stay up so late to finish them as I am suffering for it today!!

4 comments:

  1. Ohhh, I love these. Well done. My favourite colours on my DD are the pink and green. I love the colours and the pants are just too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh they are gorgeous! I hadn't really noticed this pattern in the Otto - will definitely check it out now.
    LOL that they are too big for your DD - my 7mth old needs thenext size up from the 74cm pattern...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww these look gorgeous. These are the ones I made Bethan in the Kids Clothes swap and also have another pair almost finished for my miss. I agree on the elastic hem, nearly drove me insane, but finally worked out the best way to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these pants, they're so adorable! Well done!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails