Pages

Saturday, November 26, 2011

I made it for ME!

I am so super excited that I finally made something for myself! After sewing that dress for my 30th and having it actually fit me I was all inspired to sew for myself again. It did take me a while to actually get around to it though. Talking to my SIL I discovered that she too wanted to make herself some skirts for the summer and we had another friend who was interested too so we got together last week for a skirt sewing evening. To be honest only one of use got much sewing done and it wasn’t me! I did get my pattern drafted and my SIL made good progress on one of the gifts she is making for my girls for Christmas so it was a productive evening anyway. The next morning everything was still out so I decided to get stuck into it even though I had all 3 kids around. It only took a couple of hours so I was pretty pleased.

017

029 

The skirt is a combination of the circle skirt from MADE and this tutorial changing it into a wrap skirt. I had to cut two semi circles(donuts) as my fabric wasn’t wide enough and if I make another(which I am pretty certain that I will) I will change how I put it together as how I like to tie it the seam sits right at the front. It doesn’t really matter as you can’t see it very well anyway.

You can tie the ties in a bow as above or leave them in a knot. I like both looks.

043

I see a few more of these being made for both myself and the girls!

Now what to sew next?

ps Taking good photos of yourself is HARD!

4 comments:

  1. It's really hard! Love the skirt though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cuu-uute! I love the fullness of the circle skirt paired with the more interesting tie of the wrap skirt: I definitely see myself trying this at some point.

    I think I wandered over here because I saw you'd sewn up Simplicity 2444, which I'm planning on making soon. Your version is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! And it is darling with a striped shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! This is on my to sew list. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails